Interesting picture of history
Date of this view: ca. 1755
Dimensions (not including margins; the view only): 22,2 x 14,5 cm
Dimensions (including margins): 24,3 x 18,5 cm
Condition: mint. Sharp copper engraving. Centre fold as published. Original colouring. Wide margins.
Condition rating: A+
Salmon shows Padova
He selected the following views:
- Chiesa di Sant’Antonio in Padova: today the Pontifical Basilica of Saint Anthony;
- Chiesa di S. Giustina: the Abbey of Santa Giustina is a 10th century Benedictine building;
- Sepolcro di Antenore: The tomb of Antenor is a 13th-century monument created to honor an unearthed ancient sarcophagus, claimed to be that of the Trojan warrior and counselor Antenor, the legendary founder of Padova;
- Prospetto dello Studio di Padova detto Bò;
- Piazza de’ Signori;
- Palazzo Pubblico do Padova.