Northeast Germany – Tabula Electoratus Brandenburgici, Meckelenburgi et Maximae Partis Pomeraniae
Rare and exceptional
Date of first edition: 1630
Date of this edition: 1630
Dimensions (not including margins): 45 x 54 cm
Dimensions (including margins): 48,7 x 57,5 cm
Condition: Excellent. Sharp copper engraving printed on paper. Centre fold as published. Age-toned. Old colouring. Good margins. Few professional repairs in margins.
Condition rating: A+
Verso: text in French
Map reference: Campbell, Claes Jansz. Visscher: A Hundred Maps Described (MCS No. 46), Nr. 18; Bott, 519
From: Appendix theatri A. Ortelii et Atlantis G. Mercatoris, 1631
Visscher and Northeast Germany; carte-à-figures map of the electorate:
- Relief shown pictorially.
- With four inset views: Stetin, Stralsund, Rostock and Frankfurt on the Oder
- 2 bar scales on map, given in “Miliaria Germanica communia,” 9 units [= 4.85 cm]; and “Miliaria Gallica communia,” 12 units [= 4.85 cm].
- Decorative border, compass rose, rhumb lines, ships, vegetation.
- Pictorial vignettes of cities.
- Gothic script: Oost Zee.
- Appears in Blaeu’s Appendix theatri A. Ortelii et Atlantis G. Mercatoris, 1631.
Mecklenburg – Meklenburg ducatus, auctore Ioanne Laurenbergby Willem and Joan BlaeuPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €320,00 / $355,20 / £284,80
Brandenburg, Pommern, Mecklenburgby Willem and Joan BlaeuPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €350,00 / $388,50 / £311,50
Franconia (Franken) – Nova Franconiae Descriptioby Johannes JanssoniusPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €3 000,00 / $3 330,00 / £2 670,00
Superb and rare carte-à-figures