Date of first edition: 1724-2726
Date of this map: 1724-1726
Dimensions (not including margins): 27,9 x 36,4 cm
Dimensions (including margins): 33,3 x 43 cm
Condition: Very good. Double vertical fold as published. Wide margins. Two small wormholes in top margin.
Condition rating: A
From: “Oud en nieuw Oost-Indiën, vervattende een naaukeurige en uitvoerige verhandelinge van Nederlands mogentheyd in die gewesten, benevens eene wydluftige beschryvige der Moluccos … en alle de eylanden onder dezelve landbestieringen behoorende; het Nederlands comptoir op Suratte, en de levens der Groote Mogols”
Hoegly (now Hooghly-Chinsura): this place was founded by the Portuguese in 1579. Twenty years later they built the famous church Nossa Senhora do Rosário. The church was declared a Basilica minor in 1988 by John Paul II. Having had Hoegly on the Portuguese for two years under the Dutch, the place became the chief town for Dutch Bengal in 1634.
The most important products traded from this post for the VOC were: cotton, opium, ginger, hemp, silk, sugar. Hoegly is located in the Ganges Delta (40 km zone north of Kolkata, formerly Calcutta). Hoegly became so important that from 1734 first two and then four ships sailed directly to the Netherlands.
Kodungallor (Cranganore)by François ValentynPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €300,00 / $321,00 / £267,00
Kollam – Coylanby François ValentynPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €275,00 / $294,25 / £244,75
India Orientalis – India, Southeast Asia, The Philippines 2by Henricus Hondius, Jodocus HondiusPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €2 300,00 / $2 461,00 / £2 047,00