Brussels – Carmelus Bruxellensis
Date of first edition: 1726-1727, engraved by Blockhuysen
Date of this map: 1726-1727
Dimensions (not including margins): 47 x 35,4 cm
Dimensions (including margins): 55,5 x 46 cm
Condition: Very good. Sharp copper engraving on strong paper. Wide margins. Double centre fold as published. Left margin strengthened.
Condition rating: A
From: Chorographia Sacra Brabantiae, (first published 1659), Sanderus; published in 1726 by Blockhuysen
The Carmelite monastery of Brussels existed from 1249 to 1796, near Manneken Pis. Philip the Fair held a chapter of the Order of the Golden Fleece in their monastery on May 13, 1500 (and January 22, 1501?).
The monastery was closed during the French Revolution and the buildings were demolished in 1797.
Heverlee (abbey) – Monasterium Heverlense fundatum a Guilielmo Duce de Croy et de Aerscot et. Anno 1521by Antoon Sanderus, Renier BlokhuysenPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €450,00 / $481,50 / £400,50
Grimbergen (abbey) – Abbatia Grimbergensis celebris et Antiqua Ordinis Praemonstratensisby Antoon Sanderus, Renier BlokhuysenPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €450,00 / $481,50 / £400,50
An abbey and its beer
Brussels (Jesuit college)by Antoon SanderusPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €450,00 / $481,50 / £400,50
Brussels (Augustinian Convent) – Coenabium Bruxellenis Ord. Eremit. S Augustiniby Antoon Sanderus, Renier BlockhuyzenPrice (without VAT, possibly to be added): €450,00 / $481,50 / £400,50